OSS Project Files Generator
Yeoman generator for standard OSS project files such as
EditorConfig and more!
Table of contents
- Quick start
- Change Log
- Bugs and feature requests
- Contribute and Earn
generator-projectfiles with NPM :
npm install -g generator-projectfiles
Make a new directory, and cd into it:
mkdir my-new-oss-project && cd $_
yo projectfiles, and answer the prompts
Then run any of the provided generators to create the corresponding file.
README.md file, with prompts for customization
LICENSE file, will prompt for a list of popular OSS Licenses
CONTRIBUTING.md file - inspired by @necolas/issue-guidelines
.editorconfig file, with prompts for customization
refer to the releases section for a detailed ChangeLog
Refer to the Wiki for detailed API documentation.
Bugs and feature requests
Please read through our contributing guidelines. Included are directions for opening issues, coding standards, and notes on development.
Contribute and Earn
Donate bitcoins to this project or make commits and get tips for it. If your commit is accepted by project maintainer and there are bitcoins on its balance, you will get a tip!
Donations are welcome to help support the continuous development of this project.
Keep track of development and updates.
- Follow @ahmadnassri & @codeinchaos on Twitter.
- Tweet @codeinchaos with any questions/personal support requests.
- Implementation help may be found at Stack Overflow (tagged
- Read and subscribe to My Blog.
For transparency into our release cycle and in striving to maintain backward compatibility, this project is maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines. Sometimes we screw up, but we'll adhere to these rules whenever possible.
Releases will be numbered with the following format:
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major while resetting minor and patch
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor while resetting the patch
- Bug fixes and misc changes bumps only the patch
For more information on SemVer, please visit http://semver.org/.
Licensed under the MIT license.