Nice to have features that might land in the future:
- allow for different features of HTML (HAML, Jade...), CSS (LESS, SASS...), JS (Coffeescript, Typescript...)
- add CSS and JS linting with desktop notifications.
Yeoman runs using node.js, so you'll need it installed on your machine.
Installing the generator is a matter of a simple
$ npm install -g generator-playground
Yeoman, Grunt and Bower, which are needed for the generator to work fine should have been installed
peerDependencies section) and you should be ready to go.
Head over to the folder you wish scaffold a project and type:
$ yo playground
The generator will work its magic and scaffold the necessary files and folders. You're ready to go!
Start the express and livereload servers using
This will also open your default browser to see index.html.
All that's left is popping up your favourite text editor and edit the
You could even go with a crazy one liner to do all of this at once (might want to alias this if you plan on using it often):
$ yo playground && (sublime-text . index.html css/style.css js/app.js &) && grunt server
Note: Replace the
sublime-textcommand with the one corresponding to your editor, maybe the one stored in the $EDITOR environment variable.
Have fun coding!
- 2014-10-31 v0.1.4 Fixed jQuery path in the index.html and generated bower.json when no lib is added
- 2013-12-24 v0.1.1 Fix to Travis CI build
- 2013-12-23 v0.1.0 Initial functionnalities