mPro is a code generator (run from the command line) that scaffolds out a full-stack MERN (Mongo Express React Node) app. It's an extension of a similar tool, Maestro, documented at maestrodocs.com.
Besides some extra scaffolding, the main addition of mPro is a very nifty command-line tool that will automatically build out a database schema and REST api routes for a given data model. It will connect these features to each other and to your server.
Installs of MongoDB, npm etc are assumed.
- Install Yeoman with
npm install -g yo
- Install the mPro generator with
npm install -g mpro
- Follow the prompts, then
cdinto the project you've created.
- Commands for watching source files and running the server are detailed here.
Creating Data Models
- From within your project folder, run
yo mpro:makeModel [YOUR MODEL NAME]
- The created files can be found in
- You might want to elaborate on the very basic schema that was written, but from there, you're ready to start writing front-end code that talks to your api.
For example, if I run
yo mpro:makeModel artListing, mPro will create
routes/api/artListing.js. CRUD requests can now be made to your server at