Yeoman generator for ProtractorJS projects. Generates new project with ProtractorJS using most modern and shiny approaches.
- ProtractorJS 5.4.2
- TypeScript 3.5.3
- JasmineJS (as Protractor 5.4.2 dependency)
- Async/Await support, WebdriverJS ControlFlow is disabled
- PageObjects using ES6 classes
- PageFragments (Components) using protractor-element-extend library
- Additional jasmine-protractor-matchers to verify elements visibility easily
- Reporting made possible by nice console reporter and junit.xml reporter (to provide test results to your CI system)
- If you are using Visual Studio Code IDE - debug with TypeScript compilation is configured
- Post conditions are added - wiping cookies, local and session storage after each test
Installation and generation of project
npm install -g yo
npm install -g generator-modern-protractor
Make new folder for your project, and open it:
Then generate your new project (will be unpacked in current location, no subfolder):
Follow instructions that will appear in terminal, to provide project name and baseUrl properties.
After generation, dependencies should be installed automatically, chromedriver downloaded and super-simple test will be executed. If everyting is passed correctly - you are good to go! Open README.MD in newly generated project and follow its instructions.
Feel free to learn more about Yeoman.