Scaffold out a front-end web app
Please see our gulpfile.js for up to date information on what we support.
- CSS Autoprefixing
- Built-in preview server with BrowserSync
- Automagically compile Sass with libsass
- Automagically lint your scripts
- Map compiled CSS to source stylesheets with source maps
- Awesome image optimization
- Automagically wire-up dependencies installed with Bower
For more information on what this generator can do for you, take a look at the gulp plugins used in our
Keep in mind that libsass is feature-wise not fully compatible with Ruby Sass. Check out this curated list of incompatibilities to find out which features are missing.
If your favorite feature is missing and you really need Ruby Sass, you can always switch to gulp-ruby-sass and update the
styles task in
- Install dependencies:
npm install --global yo bower
- Install the generator:
npm install --global generator-gulp-webapp
yo gulp-webappto scaffold your webapp
gulp serveto preview and watch for changes
bower install --save <package>to install frontend dependencies
gulpto build your webapp for production
- getting started with this generator
- recipes for integrating other popular technologies like CoffeeScript
- details about our Bower setup
--skip-welcome-messageSkips Yeoman's greeting before displaying options.
--skip-install-messageSkips the the message displayed after scaffolding has finished and before the dependencies are being installed.
--skip-installSkips the automatic execution of
npmafter scaffolding has finished.
mocha. Can be switched for another supported testing framework like
See the contributing docs.