This package has been deprecated
Renamed generator-gulp-webapp to generator-webapp. Install the new version by running: npm install [email protected]^2.0.0
Please see our gulpfile for up to date information on what we support.
- CSS Autoprefixing
- Built-in preview server with BrowserSync
- Automagically compile Sass with libsass
- Automagically lint your scripts
- Map compiled CSS to source stylesheets with source maps
- Awesome image optimization
- Automagically wire-up dependencies installed with Bower
- The gulpfile makes use of ES2015 features by using Babel
For more information on what this generator can do for you, take a look at the gulp plugins used in our
Keep in mind that libsass is feature-wise not fully compatible with Ruby Sass. Check out this curated list of incompatibilities to find out which features are missing.
If your favorite feature is missing and you really need Ruby Sass, you can always switch to gulp-ruby-sass and update the
styles task in gulpfile accordingly.
- Install dependencies:
npm install --global yo gulp bower
- Install the generator:
npm install --global generator-gulp-webapp
yo gulp-webappto scaffold your webapp
gulp serveto preview and watch for changes
bower install --save <package>to install frontend dependencies
gulp serve:testto run the tests in the browser
gulpto build your webapp for production
gulp serve:distto preview the production build
- getting started with this generator
- recipes for integrating other popular technologies like CoffeeScript
- details about our Bower setup
- contribution docs and FAQ, good to check before posting an issue
--skip-welcome-messageSkips Yeoman's greeting before displaying options.
--skip-install-messageSkips the the message displayed after scaffolding has finished and before the dependencies are being installed.
--skip-installSkips the automatic execution of
npmafter scaffolding has finished.
jasmine. Defaults to
--no-babelScaffolds without Babel support (this only applies to
app/scripts, you can still write ES2015 in the gulpfile)
See the contributing docs.