ASP.net Core Angular 2 Yeoman generator
Starter kit for all who want to use ASP.net Core with Angular 2
Welcome to ASP.net Core Angular 2 template!
Technical details about this generator:
Right now there are two templates to choose.
- Template1 is the one I've made from scratch. It's based on tutorial from angular.io. Details can be found here
- Template2 is based on other yeoman generator available here, but enhanced. I've added database and login functionality (so it functions like template1)
Personally, I recommend template2, because angular part is made there by experts ;)
- ASP.net Core (with WebAPI) - for backend management
- Angular 2 (RC 4) - for frontend management
- TypeScript - because it works much better with Angular than pure JS
- Gulp(template1)/Webpack(template2) - for all automation
- Bootstrap - for better appearance
- Entity Framework - for database management
- OpenIddict - authentication process
npm install -g generator-dotnetcore-angular2-starterkit
You'll also need Yeoman
npm install -g yo
What do you need to make project work
- ASP.net Core because it's .net core project
- Node.JS because it's used in building process
- NPM to install yeoman and this generator
- Gulp (just install it globally)
- Node scripts like
bowerneed to work globally in console. This is how you can do it.
Generating new project
For template 1: Check out project README. Read this if you have any doubts, questions or problems. You can find it in every project you generate using this template.
For template 2: check out this GitHub page
You can debug this generator by typing
set DEBUG=yeoman:generator yo dotnetcore-angular2-starterkit
in your console. Copy error message and let me know about it by creating new issue on GitHub.
Apache-2.0 © Piotrek