Aurelia supports visual studio with out of the box templates.
This generator is no longer needed.
Aurelia + ASP.NET 5 + Visual Studio 2015
A Yeoman generator
... for adding the Aurelia skeleton
... to a Visual Studio 2015 ASP.NET 5 project.
This generator pulls the standard skeleton from the Aurelia repo and tweaks a couple paths to work inside the new asp.net 5 project structure.
The generator is known to work with the Aurelia skeleton v0.18.x.
Install generator-aurelia-vs2015 from npm:
- Install pre-requisites below. See the aurelia getting started guide for details.
npm install -g generator-aurelia-vs2015
To initiate the generator
- Create a new ASP.NET 5 site in Visual Studio
- Empty, Web API, or Web Application.
- Change to the project's root directory
- This should be a directory under the solution root, inside the "src" folder.
... for a solution name "MySolution"
... created at c:\temp,
... with a project name of "MyApp",
... the project's root directory would be at
- Select which version of Visual Studio has a C++ compiler installed.
- Wait for generator to finish.
- Gulp watch.
- Open http://localhost:9000/ in your browser to see the site.
The project will mostly work without building socket.io, but the
npm install phase of the generator may show errors.
npm install -g node-gyp
- Needed to build socket.io.
- Python v2.x
- Needed for node-gyp to build socket.io.
- Tested with Python 2.7.10.
- 3.X does not work at this time.
- Visual Studio C++ compiler
- Some version of VS with the C++ compiler. Needed for node-gyp to build socket.io.
- Express editions should work too.