The Angular-Chinook generator
Chinook is a Frege-based micro-framework. For AngularJS integration with other micro-frameworks, see https://github.com/rayokota/MicroFrameworkRosettaStone.
npm install -g yo
Install the Angular-Chinook generator:
npm install -g generator-angular-chinook
The above prerequisites can be installed to a VM using the Angular-Chinook provisioner.
Creating a Chinook service
In a new directory, generate the service:
Run the service (assuming the name of your service is
Your service will run at http://localhost:8080.
Creating a persistent entity
Generate the entity:
yo angular-chinook:entity [myentity]
You will be asked to specify attributes for the entity, where each attribute has the following:
- a name
- a type (String, Integer, Long, Float, Double, Boolean, Date, Enum)
- for a String attribute, an optional minimum and maximum length
- for a numeric attribute, an optional minimum and maximum value
- for a Date attribute, an optional constraint to either past values or future values
- for an Enum attribute, a list of enumerated values
- whether the attribute is required
Files that are regenerated will appear as conflicts. Allow the generator to overwrite these files as long as no custom changes have been made.
Run the service:
A client-side AngularJS application will now be available by running
At this point you should be able to navigate to a page to manage your persistent entities.