Scaffold out a handlebars theme from a Jekyll theme using Hekyll.
var generateHekyll = ;
Installing the CLI
To run the
readme generator from the command line, you'll need to install [Generate] globally first. You can do that now with the following command:
$ npm install --global generate
This adds the
gen command to your system path, allowing it to be run from any directory.
Install this module with the following command:
$ npm install --global generate-hekyll
Run this generator's
default task with the following command:
$ gen readme
What you should see in the terminal
If completed successfully, you should see both
finished events in the terminal, like the following:
[00:44:21] starting ......[00:44:22] finished ✔
If you do not see one or both of those events, please let us know about it.
To see a general help menu and available commands for Generate's CLI, run:
$ gen help
All available tasks for this generator.
Scaffold out a new handlebars blog or site from a jekyll theme.
$ gen hekyll$ gen hekyll:default
Delete themes that have been cloned and cached by
generate-hekyll from the
generate-hekyll/themes directory. This does not delete your copy of the theme, only the cached version used by
$ gen hekyll:delete
Visit Generate's documentation for tasks.
Running unit tests
It's never too early to begin running unit tests. When you're ready to get started, the following command will ensure the project's dependencies are installed then run all of the unit tests:
$ npm install && test
Publishing your generator
If you're tests are passing and you're ready to publish your generator to npm, you can do that now with the following command:
Are you sure you're ready?!
$ npm publish
What is "Generate"?
For more information:
- Visit the generate project
- Visit the generate documentation
- Find generators on npm (help us author generators)
- generate-project: Scaffold out complete code projects from the command line, or use this generator as a… more | homepage
- generate: Command line tool and developer framework for scaffolding out new GitHub projects. Generate offers the… more | homepage
- hekyll-cli: CLI for hekyll, the Jekyll to Handlebars theme converter. | homepage
- hekyll: Migrate Jekyll (gh-pages) themes to use handlebars instead of liquid. | homepage
Bigger community means more plugins, better support and more progress. Help us make Generate better by spreading the word:
- Show your love by starring the project
- Tweet about Generate. Mention using
@generatejs, or use the
- Get implementation help on StackOverflow with the
- Discuss Generate with us on Gitter
- If you publish a generator, to make your project as discoverable as possible, please add the unique keyword
generategeneratorto your project's package.json.
Pull requests and stars are always welcome. For bugs and feature requests, please create an issue.
Running and reviewing unit tests is a great way to get familiarized with a library and its API. You can install dependencies and run tests with the following command:
$ npm install && npm test
This file was generated by verb-generate-readme, v0.6.0, on September 21, 2017.