Gatsby Portfolio Cara Theme
Gatsby theme adapted from the beautiful Cara starter.
- Write a simple portfolio site from just one markdown file
- On a new repo install gatsby and this theme
yarn add gatsby gatsby-theme-portfolio-cara -D
- Create a
gatsby-config.jsfile in the root
- Set the
__experimentalThemesoption inside your
moduleexports =__experimentalThemes:resolve: "gatsby-theme-portfolio-cara"NOTREADY_options:siteTitle: `Your site title`siteDescription: `Here is a site title`
- Create directory
mkdir -p src/pages/markdown
src/pages/markdownand add the following to it
---title: "Hello"subtitle: "I'm creating nice web experiences for the next generation of consumer-facing companies"email: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'aboutDesc: "The English language can not fully capture the depth and complexity of my thoughts. So I'm incorporating Emoji into my speech to better express myself. Winky face."aboutSub: "You know the way you feel when you see a picture of two otters holding hands? That's how you're gonna feel every day. My mother cried the day I was born because she knew she’d never be prettier than me. You should make me your campaign manager. I was born for politics. I have great hair and I love lying. Captain? The kids want to know where Paulie the Pigeon is. I told them he got sucked up into an airplane engine, is that all right?"projectOneTitle : "Freiheit"projectOneUrl : ""projectOneDesc : "This project is my entry to Adobe's #ChallengeYourPerspective contest."projectTwoTitle : "Project 2"projectTwoUrl : ""projectTwoDesc : "Description of project 2"projectThreeTitle : "Project 3"projectThreeUrl : ""projectThreeDesc : "Description of project 3"projectFourTitle : "Project 4"projectFourDesc : "Description of project 4"projectFourUrl : ""profileImageUrl: ""---
Copy and paste this file into the project root and name as
publicto the repo's
yarn gatsby develop
Edit the page's content from
src/pages/markdown/index.mdto edit the website.
Want to change something? Take advantage of Gatsby's component shadowing by creating a copy of the component you want to modify and editing that.
- change the site's ui with simple theming.
- instructions to deploy to Netlify
- put the config file as a theme option
- integration with one of the many CMSs from the list at the power of serverless
- Add a license.
- Compare to modern-portfolio to make a template for themes so can easily switch between themes (probably best to put the questions object in commander-pages in the theme repo for added extensibility)
- https://github.com/LekoArts/gatsby-starter-portfolio-cara for the starter template.
- https://github.com/cthogg/gatsby-theme-modern-portfolio for the theme template.