Display a banner-link to promote Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD).
The banner displays for a configurable period before and after the day.
Join us on Thursday, May 18 2017 and mark the sixth Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD).
The purpose of GAAD is to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital
(web, software, mobile, etc.) access/inclusion and people with different disabilities.
Read the blog post. Built on Datejs (API).
Note ~ this is not an official widget!
- Adopted Browserify,
- Switch from
- Renamed default HTML
?gaadwidget=force URL parameter, #2
- Added iCal and JSON data files.
- Different after-event message - containing next year's date, #5 - thanks @srinivasu..
- Added translation into Français/French, #4
- Added neutral
black theme, #2
- Changed default
days_after from 5 to 10.
- Zero configuration required by default,
- Paste and forget - the banner appears 10 days before and disappears 10 days after,
- Basic internationalization,
- Basic automated testing in place (Travis-CI),
- Accessible ~ let me know if you spot a problem!
- Responsive design,
- Compatible with all modern browsers, and MSIE 9-11,
- CDN courtesy of RawGit (thank you!) - with HTTPS/SSL.
Install and test
npm i gaad-widget
npm run build
Via unpkg - production CDN:
Via RawGit - production CDN:
Setting several configuration options:
A plugin for WordPress.
Twitter: @nfreear, @gbla11yday.