French's Financial Data CLI
This repository contains the code for French's Financial Data CLI.
Step 1: Obtain a Free API KEY
- Go to https://www.alphavantage.co/support/#api-key
- Fill out the quick form and press "GET FREE API KEY"
- Record your key for future use.
Step 2: Enable Less-Secure Apps
- This program integrates with the gmail API to send notifications from your email account.
- In order to do this, you must enable less-secure apps (or create an App password).
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
- Press "enable less-secure apps"
Step 3: Make sure that Node.js is installed
- Node.js can be installed here if you don't already have it installed on your device
Step 4: Download the Module
- Module can be downloaded using
npm install frenchsfinancialdataclior
- The program can be downloaded directly or by pasting the following into your command line:
git clone "https://github.com/TrevorFrench/FrenchsFinancialDataCLI.git"
Step 5: Run the Program
- The program can be executed by navigating to the bin directory on your command line and typing
node index.jsor by simply typing
stocksinto your command line from any directory on your computer.