Flowdock desktop app custom UI
|With Flowdock Refined|
|Without Flowdock Refined|
Flowdock Refined makes subtle tweaks to the Flowdock Desktop client to make it easier to see important information.
$ npm -g install flowdock-refined
This will automatically install it to the Flowdock desktop client. If you already have custom styling for Flowdock it will back up your changes first.
- Highlights what you wrote with a blue background.
- Larger padding between "breaks in time".
- Cleaner text area for typing.
- More clear when you are editing previous messages.
- Smaller Send and Upload buttons, both moved to the right.
- Black and white avatars when people are away.
- Unifies a few different text styles and fonts used by the flow to one style.
- Easy to see see Github repo names.
- Hides redundant usernames.
- Hides unnecessary commit hashes.
- Hides unneeded times.
- Hides unnecessary #-tags caused by PR (closes #37 makes Flowdock create a #37 tag).
- For commits, displays inline files modified/added/removed.
- Includes full commit messages and comments instead of hiding them.
- Displays real urls instead of the word "Original".
- Easier to see which tab is active
- More modern tab style
- Larger emoji, especially :shipit:.
- Round avatars, because why not.
- Provides an avatar for Jenkins.
- Easier to read tabs.
Make your own changes
You can make your own additional changes by modifying
flowdock-refined will create this file for you but will never change it.
You can also make pull requests back to this repo.
This is not a product of Flowdock.
About the Author
Hello fellow developer! My name is Dylan Greene. When not overwhelmed with my two kids I enjoy contributing to the open source community. I'm a tech lead at Opower. I lead a team using Grunt and Angular to build software that successfully helps people like us use less power. Not too long ago I co-created Doodle or Die, a hilarious web game with millions of doodles that won us Node Knockout for the "most fun" category. I'm dylang on Twitter and other places.
Some of my other Node projects:
|Name||Description||Github Stars||Npm Installs|
||Automatic desktop notifications for Grunt errors and warnings using Growl for OS X or Windows, Mountain Lion and Mavericks Notification Center, and Notify-Send.||619||52,208|
||Interactive prompt for your Grunt config using console checkboxes, text input with filtering, password fields.||142||6,885|
||RSS feed generator. A really simple API to add RSS feeds to any project.||177||98,802|
||Amazingly short non-sequential url-friendly unique id generator.||129||22,984|
||Fast and simple xml generator. Supports attributes, CDATA, etc. Includes tests and examples.||35||180,625|
||Module information and stats for any @npmjs user||New!||TBD|
||Display attention-grabbing messages in the terminal||New!||336|
||Beautiful UI for showing tasks running on the command line.||New!||81|
||Command line tool (and Node module) that generates a changelog in color output, markdown, or json for modules in npmjs.org's registry as well as any public github.com repo.||51||2,081|
||Super sexy color console logging with cluster support.||21||8,793|
||Echo a file to the terminal. Works with text, figlets, ascii art, and full-color ansi.||New!||396|
This list was generated using anthology.
Copyright (c) 2014 Dylan Greene, contributors.
Released under the MIT license.
Screenshots are CC BY-SA (Attribution-ShareAlike).