A Minimalist, Drop In Font Awesome Replacement
Ficons is a Simple, Open-Source, Drop-In Alternative for Font Awesome Icons. Maintained by The Fiction Team.
Get started at https://ficons.fiction.com!
To create a drop-in alternative to Font Awesome for people that like a little variety in their icons.
Ficons simply maintains the simple fa-[icon-name] class system and leaves the original Font Awesome icons as fallbacks if there is no explicit replacement.
It is a "drop-in" replacement for Font Awesome, which means you can simply replace your Font Awesome CDN link with the Ficons CDN link and you're good to go.
TLDR You can just replace your Font Awesome CDN link with the one from Ficons and everything should work the same, only better.
- Get over 200 new or replaced icons
- Minimal and more consistent redesign
- Simple, drop-in replacement for Font Awesome's 'fa-' class system
- Update your site or apps icons in 60 seconds
Replace your Font Awesome CDN Link with the Ficons one as follows:
- Full details: https://ficons.fiction.com/license.html
Ficons will be maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible. Releases will be numbered with the following format:
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major (and resets the minor and patch)
- New additions, including new icons, without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor (and resets the patch)
- Bug fixes, changes to brand logos, and misc changes bumps the patch