Obsidian is an "extrusive” rock, which means it is made from magma that erupted out of a volcano.
^ Wonderful markdown editor!
extrusive.md is now stable! Install version
There are a lot of markdown interfaces out there. There are a lot of documentation tools out there.
extrusive.md fills the niche that none of these do.
- 100% free and open-source now, and forever!
- Hands you control and can be compiled as a static website, or an express server!
- Designed with a simple interface that requires almost no set-up work.
- Allows easy implementation of custom styles in your documentation.
Builds lightning-fast using your folder structure and
.mdfiles. Meaning you can edit your docs in whatever environment you want.
- Includes a built-in search bar, that works... That you don't have to pay for!
- Has a simple toggle for light/dark mode.
- Built with a mobile-first design model and styled with inspiration from other modern documentation websites.
- O.O.T.B. support for ion-icons + custom HTML directly in your markdown!
- Built-in print/save as pdf support.
extrusive.md may not have all the bells and whistles, but it makes up for these by being open-ended and ready for you to customize!
- Emoji support. (
- Admonition support. (
- Cleaner, more reliable client-side code.
- Automatical removal of search results that link to paths that no longer exist.
- Folder/file level of importance for sorting.
- Search should use all unique words in query and compare against all unique words in document.
<kbd/>element styles on light mode within search modal.
- "start" command with live server for development that does not rely on a build.
- Sanitize output html.
- Fix build command only sometimes needing the
--forceoption to overwrite. (usually when not using the default "build" folder label)
- Explore the potential for headless CMS.