simple wrapper around the expedia EAN api
##Expedia API Small client interface for the Expedia EAN api. Provides an interface for the following methods:
- Hotel List Retrieve a list of hotels by location or a list of specific hotel ids
- Hotel Information Retrive detailed information about a hotel from a hotel id
- Room Availability Retrieve all available rooms at a specific hotel that accommodate the provided guest count and any other criteria.
- Room Images Retrieve a list room images for a specific hotelId organized by room type
- Payment Types Retrieves credit card types compatible current request settings
- Book Reservation Requests a reservation for the specified room(s).
- Itinerary Request Retrieve an existing itinerary's status and details, confirm the status of a previously requested booking, or retrieve a list of itineraries from a specified date span.
- Cancel Reservation Cancel an existing reservation for a single room.
- Ping Request Send a ping request to expedia API servers to determine if service is available in the event of a suspected outage or ISP issue, or to obtain EAN's Unix server time when troubleshooting issues with signature authentication.
- Geo Functions Obtain location data such as a specific destinationId, latitude/longitude coordinates, and the number of active properties available within the location.
Install with npm:
npm install expedia
##Initialization Usage requires a Expedia Api key and CID. For development use you can use the CIN 55505. You can obtain your api key from the Expedia EAN api documentation.
var options =cid : "YOUR CID"apiKey : "YOUR EAN API KEY"locale : "en_US" // optional defaults to en_UScurrencyCode :"USD" // optional defaults to USD;var expedia = require"expedia"options;
##Usage Expedia requires that you pass in a customer ip, unique session identifier, and browser agent. The remaining parameters are defined in the Expedia EAN api documentation. Please see the example directory for more options.
var options ="customerSessionId" : "thisisauniqueID""customerIpAddress" : "127.0.0.1""customerUserAgent" : "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko)""LocationInfoRequest":"locale": "en_US""destinationString": "Seattle, WA";expediageoSearchoptionsiferrthrow err;console.logres;;