NOTE: The latest release of bcoin contains a non-backward compatible change to the rest API. Please read the changelog's "migrating" section for more details.
Bcoin is an alternative implementation of the bitcoin protocol, written in node.js.
Bcoin is well tested and aware of all known consensus rules. It is currently used in production as the consensus backend and wallet system for purse.io.
- Full Node
- SPV Node
- Wallet Backend (bip44 derivation)
- Mining Backend (getblocktemplate support)
- Layer 2 Backend (lightning)
- General Purpose Bitcoin Library
Try it in the browser: http://bcoin.io/browser.html
$ git clone git://github.com/bcoin-org/bcoin.git $ cd bcoin $ npm install $ ./bin/bcoin
See the Beginner's Guide for more in-depth installation instructions.
- API Docs: http://bcoin.io/docs/
- REST Docs: http://bcoin.io/api-docs/index.html
- Docs: docs/
Join us on freenode in the #bcoin channel.
Bcoin does not guarantee you against theft or lost funds due to bugs, mishaps, or your own incompetence. You and you alone are responsible for securing your money.
Contribution and License Agreement
If you contribute code to this project, you are implicitly allowing your code
to be distributed under the MIT license. You are also implicitly verifying that
all code is your original work.
- Copyright (c) 2014-2015, Fedor Indutny (MIT License).
- Copyright (c) 2014-2017, Christopher Jeffrey (MIT License).
See LICENSE for more info.