Ethereum transaction pretty-printer. Etherscan.io for the command line.
yarn global add @mohoff/ethx # or npm install -g @mohoff/ethx
You can use
ethx to wait for a transaction to reach a certain number of network confirmations or simply pretty-print a mined transaction.
# View transaction details ethx [view] <transactionHash> -i infuraApiKey [-t timeout] # Wait for a transaction to reach a certain number of network confirmations and print its details ethx await <transactionHash> -i infuraApiKey [-c confirmations] [-t timeout]
ethx await 0xfd53c77168e1726db0bb95fcbd7f9c44bd3fbe55797b2ecefdbb3cd91744c527 -c 10 -i <infuraApiKey>
Future features and ideas
- Support other providers than infura
- Show contract name (make calls to name() and getName())
- Switch networks with
- Output raw transaction objects with
- Integrate Etherscan API to get verrified contract code
- parse contract name
- parse event names --> hash all to find match with tx logs
- parse external functions --> hash all to find match with function signature
- Add historic gas stats from ethgasstation for that time (-5,+5min)
- From/To details: activity indicator, #tx since then, #tx overall, tx every Xh on avg, total ETH moved. Activity last 1h,24h,1d,1w,1m,1y,alltime --> activity horizontal bar with dots
- Refactor some parts to use websocket-provider to ease network load
- Gas usage in the block: bar graph (limit, used, this tx) --> With correct x-offset of current tx?
- Show line numbers in data output
- Make use of
tx.transactionIndex--> Can we derive miner's priority in including a tx into the block?
- When functionName is known with 1+ params, the value type for the first few lines of
tx.inputcan be derived