This project is maintained with
❤️by folks on multiple teams at Esri, but we provide no guarantee of individual features, nor a traditional product lifecycle to support planning.
We are proud to facilitate a project which requires participation from our diverse user community in order to thrive and we welcome contributions from those just getting their feet wet in open-source.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Going Deeper
We've shared lots of sample code showing off many of the features of Esri Leaflet.
Many folks have written plugins to customize and extend Leaflet.
You can also pick and choose additional Esri Leaflet plugins.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What exactly is Esri Leaflet? Is it a replacement for Leaflet?
- What is the benefit of using Esri Leaflet over using Leaflet all by itself?
- What are the goals of Esri Leaflet?
- Can I use Esri Leaflet with Leaflet Version 1.0.x?
- How do you decide what features get included in Esri Leaflet?
- I have an idea! What should I do?
- When will you support "x"?
- Can you implement feature "x"?
- I want to contribute. How can I help?
- I built something with Esri Leaflet can I show you?
- I built a reusable component (layer type, api wrapper, ui control etc...) can I contribute it to Esri Leaflet?
- Which services require authentication?
- What are some good Leaflet Plugins?
- What browsers does Esri Leaflet support?
- What versions of ArcGIS Server does Esri Leaflet support?
- Upgrading the version of Esri Leaflet used in my app broke everything!
- Does Esri Leaflet support IE 'compatibility mode'?
- I'm into TypeScript, but Esri Leaflet seems to be a vanilla JS thing. Can I find typings somewhere?
- When exactly do I need to use a paid Esri developer account to deploy to production?
If something isn't working the way you expected, please take a look at previously logged issues that resolve common problems first. Have you found a new bug? Want to request a new feature? We'd love to hear from you. Please let us know by submitting an issue.
If you'd like to inspect and modify the source of Esri Leaflet, follow the instructions below to set up a local development environment.
- Fork and clone Esri Leaflet
- Install the
package.jsondependencies by running
npm startfrom the command line. This will compile minified source in a brand new
distdirectory, launch a tiny webserver and begin watching the raw source for changes.
npm testto make sure you haven't introduced a new 'feature' accidentally.
- Make your changes and create a pull request
- Leaflet version 0.7.x.
- Leaflet version 1.x.
master branch of this repository is only compatible with Leaflet 1.x.
For transparency into the release cycle and in striving to maintain backward compatibility, Esri Leaflet is maintained under Semantic Versioning guidelines and will adhere to these rules whenever possible.
For more information on SemVer, please visit http://semver.org/.
Esri welcomes contributions from anyone and everyone. Please see our guidelines for contributing.
If you display an ArcGIS Online service in any Leaflet application, we require that you include Esri attribution and recognize data providers. Using this plugin, it couldn't be easier to follow the terms. Just select your basemap and the appropriate credits will be displayed dynamically in Leaflet's own Attribution control as users pan/zoom.
L.esri.DynamicMapLayeroriginally used code from AGS.Layer.Dynamic.js
L.esri.TiledMapLayeradapts some code from arcgis-level-fixer
Copyright © 2014-2019 Esri
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the license is available in the repository's LICENSE file.