Opinionated ESLint configuration that extends airbnb to not conflict with prettier.
- Uses Airbnb's config as the foundation.
- Leverages prettier's eslint plugin, which run's prettier within ESLint, and overrides ESLint/Airbnb rules that may conflict with Prettier.
- Supports both React & non-React applications dynamically based on your project's dependencies.
- Extends Kent C Dodd's Jest config dynamically based on your project's dependencies.
- Enforces js instead of jsx files.
- Turns off
import/no-unresolvederrors for node modules in projects using Docker, to avoid false positives.
- Helpful opt-in config for dApp's.
Install by running:
npx install-peerdeps eslint-config-codfish
My preferred setup includes tools like husky, lint-staged & commitlint in addition to prettier & eslint. However that's optional.
Then add the extends to your .eslintrc:
moduleexports =extends: 'codfish'rules:// your overrides here;
Optionally add a .prettierrc.js configuration file:
moduleexports =printWidth: 100tabWidth: 2useTabs: falsesemi: truesingleQuote: truetrailingComma: 'all'bracketSpacing: truejsxBracketSameLine: falseproseWrap: 'always';
Similar to the issues with docker, there may be rules you want to adjust for dApp's. This config will set some globals as well as ignore missing build artifact imports. While you obviously need those to run your app, sometimes you might want to run the linter in a ci/cd environment and build artifacts might not be present.
Note: The dApp config also includes the
import/no-unresolved rule found in the docker config.
moduleexports =extends: 'codfish' 'codfish/dapp'rules:// your overrides here;