Etherpad Signature Authorization (ep_signatureauth)
This tool allows secure sign on from the Canvas LMS with the Etherpad collaborations tool.
- Run npm install ep_signatureauth from the etherpad-lite root folder
- Clone the ep_signatureauth repository into the node_modules folder of your Etherpad instance.
After either step one create a secret.yml file in your etherpad-lite root directory and add a secret generated by rake:secret.
Configure etherpad so that 'requireAuthorization' & 'requireAuthentication' are true in the settings file.
- Install the
Enable the plugin and add the secret above to the plugin settings.
This tool is set up only to work with Canvas LMS. It is not set up to be used with any other entry point than the one provided by a Canvas LMS that has the appropriately authored signature.
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch: git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes: git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch: git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request :D
At first the authorization would happen only through signature verification. It will still accomplish this upon accessing the Etherpad for the first time, at which time, it will create a cookie that will be used for future verification.