elm-format-short formats your code like
- Without extra blank lines
- Without extra line breaks
- Without extra indents
- With shorter and better visual representations of
elm-format-short formats Elm source code according to a standard set of rules in shorter way than
The benefits of
elm-format-short are same as of
- It makes code easier to write, because you never have to worry about minor formatting concerns while powering out new code.
- It makes code easier to read, because there are no longer distracting minor stylistic differences between different code bases. As such, your brain can map more efficiently from source to mental model.
- It makes code easier to maintain, because you can no longer have diffs related only to formatting; every diff necessarily involves a material change.
- It saves your team time debating how to format things, because there is a standard tool that formats everything the same way.
- It saves you time because you don't have to nitpick over formatting details of your code.
Plus benefits in contrast to
- It makes code easier to read, because you can see more code without scrolling.
- It makes code easier to navigate, because you have not to scroll needless empty space by mouse or arrows on keyboard.
- It makes code easier to write, because it is easier to read and easier to navigate.
- It makes code easier to debug, because your lines of code commented out for debug purposes are not surrounded by needless blank lines above and below.
- It saves your money, because you can still use your display. It not require you to buy new display with vertical resolution of 1000000000 pixels to see tons of blank lines.
dreamwriter app by
npm i -g elm-format-short
elm-format-short is CLI-compatible with
elm-format. IDE Integration almost same as for
This is for WebStorm and other JetBrains IDEs.