EasyRTC enables quick development of webRTC
A bundle of Open Source WebRTC joy!
- Install EasyRTC's WebRTC Server on your own Linux, Windows, or Mac server in minutes not days.
- Use our EasyRTC API and sample application code to build and deploy your WebRTC app in hours not weeks.
- EasyRTC is completely free and open source under a BSD 2 license. No usage costs or other hidden fees.
- Install Node.js
- Download files from server_example/ and place them in a local folder of your choice.
npm installfrom the installation folder to install dependent packages (including EasyRTC)
- Start EasyRTC by running
- Browse the examples using a WebRTC enabled browser. (defaults to port
Step by step instructions including additional setup options can be found in
Note: there is no corresponding need to install the client files specifically; they were installed as part of EasyRTC in step 3.
All documentation can be found within the docs folder.
- Install instructions for Ubuntu, Windows, and Mac
- Configuration options
- Using Server Events
- Server API
EasyRTC Client API
- Client API tutorial
- Client API
- Client File Transfer API
- Frequently asked questions
- ICE, TURN, STUN Configuration
- Using Rooms
- Serving with SSL
- Serving next to IIS or Apache
- Upcoming features
- / (root)
- Licenses and package information
- Client API files including easyrtc.js
- EasyRTC live demos and example code
- Documentation for using the API and running the server
- Required libraries
- Required node.js modules
- This folder will be created during the install
- A simple server example
EasyRTC comes with a number of demo's which work immediately after installation.
- Video and/or Audio connections
- Multi-party video chat
- Text Messaging with or without Data Channels
- Screen and tab sharing
- File transfer
- The EasyRTC website is at:
- Use our support forum is at:
- Live demo site:
- Bugs and requests can be filed on our github page or on the forum:
- Our YouTube channel has live demo's:
Copyright (c) 2014, Priologic Software Inc. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.