Table of contents
- Predictable abstractions
- 100% coverage of the Discord API
Node.js 12.0.0 or newer is required.
Ignore any warnings about unmet peer dependencies, as they're all optional.
The preferred audio engine is @discordjs/opus, as it performs significantly better than opusscript. When both are available, discord.js will automatically choose @discordjs/opus. Using opusscript is only recommended for development environments where @discordjs/opus is tough to get working. For production bots, using @discordjs/opus should be considered a necessity, especially if they're going to be running on multiple servers.
- zlib-sync for WebSocket data compression and inflation (
npm install zlib-sync)
- erlpack for significantly faster WebSocket data (de)serialisation (
npm install discordapp/erlpack)
- One of the following packages can be installed for faster voice packet encryption and decryption:
- bufferutil for a much faster WebSocket connection (
npm install bufferutil)
- utf-8-validate in combination with
bufferutilfor much faster WebSocket processing (
npm install utf-8-validate)
const Discord = ;const client = ;client;client;client;
- Website (source)
- Guide (source) - this is still for stable
See also the Update Guide, including updated and removed items in the library.
- Discord.js Discord server
- Discord API Discord server
- Related libraries
If you don't understand something in the documentation, you are experiencing problems, or you just need a gentle nudge in the right direction, please don't hesitate to join our official Discord.js Server.