With tasks.js you can schedule events in node.js.
If you have
dietjs then it's already installed.
npm install diet-tasks
- When you create a task it will be saved to the task.json file too so the tasks will be saved even after you restared your node app.
- Overdue tasks will fire imediately when you start your nodejs app.
Create a Task
// Initialize Dietjs Appvar app = options;// Initialize Taskstasks; // initalizetasks; // complete all due tasks (because of a power failure, system reboot, server restart etc.)// CREATE a tasktasks;
Complete a task by running then deleting it
Delete a task without running it
These are callbacks when the task finished.
Basic and date arguments are restricted and should never be used to pass data with them.
- id: A unique identifier for the task (required)
- repeat: Repeat the task upon completion or not. (false, optional)
- function: A callback function name that represents a function from tasks.functions like tasks.functions.MyTaskFunction which will be called upon task completion. (required)
Date arguments (at least one is required)
Custom arguments: Everything else you add is a custom argument and can be used to pass additional data to the callback function.