API creation made simple, secure and fast.
The most advanced open-source headless CMS to build powerful APIs with no effort.
Strapi is a free and open-source headless CMS delivering your content anywhere you need.
- Keep control over your data. With Strapi, you know where your data is stored, and you keep full control at all times.
- Self-hosted. You can host and scale Strapi projects the way you want. You can choose any hosting platform you want: AWS, Render, Netlify, Heroku, a VPS, or a dedicated server. You can scale as you grow, 100% independent.
- Database agnostic. You can choose the database you prefer. Strapi works with SQL & NoSQL databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, and SQLite.
- Customizable. You can quickly build your logic by fully customizing APIs, routes, or plugins to fit your needs perfectly.
Read the Getting Started tutorial or follow the steps below:
Install Datoit with this Quickstart command to create a Datoit project instantly:
- (Use yarn to install the Datoit project (recommended). Install yarn with these docs.)
yarn create datoit-app my-project --quickstart
- (Use npm/npx to install the Strapi project.)
npx create-datoit-app my-project --quickstart
This command generates a brand new project with the default features (authentication, permissions, content management, content type builder & file upload). The Quickstart command installs Strapi using a SQLite database which is used for prototyping in development.
Complete installation requirements can be found in the documentation under Installation Requirements.
Supported operating systems:
- Ubuntu LTS/Debian 9.x
- CentOS/RHEL 8
- macOS Mojave
- Windows 10
- Docker - Docker-Repo
(Please note that Strapi may work on other operating systems, but these are not tested nor officially supported at this time.)
- NodeJS >= 10.16 <=14
- NPM >= 6.x
- MongoDB >= 3.6 (dropping MongoDB support in next major version)
- MySQL >= 5.6
- MariaDB >= 10.1
- PostgreSQL >= 10
- SQLite >= 3
We recommend always using the latest version of Strapi to start your new projects.
- Modern Admin Panel: Elegant, entirely customizable and a fully extensible admin panel.
- Secure by default: Reusable policies, CORS, CSP, P3P, Xframe, XSS, and more.
- Plugins Oriented: Install the auth system, content management, custom plugins, and more, in seconds.
- Blazing Fast: Built on top of Node.js, Strapi delivers amazing performance.
- Front-end Agnostic: Use any front-end framework (React, Vue, Angular, etc.), mobile apps or even IoT.
- Powerful CLI: Scaffold projects and APIs on the fly.
- SQL & NoSQL databases: Works with MongoDB (dropping MongoDB support in next major version), PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, and SQLite.
Please read our Contributing Guide before submitting a Pull Request to the project.
For general help using Strapi, please refer to the official Strapi documentation. For additional help, you can use one of these channels to ask a question:
- Discord (For live discussion with the Community and Strapi team)
- GitHub (Bug reports, Contributions)
- Community Forum (Questions and Discussions)
- Academy (Learn the fundamentals of Strapi)
- ProductBoard (Roadmap, Feature requests)
- Twitter (Get the news fast)
- YouTube Channel (Learn from Video Tutorials)
Follow our migration guides on the documentation to keep your projects up-to-date.
Check out our roadmap to get informed of the latest features released and the upcoming ones. You may also give us insights and vote for a specific feature.
See our dedicated repository for the Strapi documentation, or view our documentation live:
Try live demo
See for yourself what's under the hood by getting access to a hosted Strapi project with sample data.
See the LICENSE file for licensing information.