DatoCMS plugin: Word counter
This DatoCMS plugin gives you information for text and string fields about word count, character count, sentences, paragraphs, reading time and common words.
- Add to
textfields or your own selection of these fields.
- See count of words, characters, sentences, paragraphs
- See an estimate of the reading time
- See common words
- Full control over the visible calculations
- Be able to choose to add spaces and enters in the calculations
First add this plugin via DatoCMS Settings > Plugins > Add (
For this plugin you can configure global settings and configure the plugin per field. Choose to apply the plugin automatically to all string/text fields or add the plugin as addon per model/field. Settings set per model/field will always overwrite all global settings.
Auto apply to fields (switch): When enabled this will automatically apply the plugin to all
textfields. By changing the following setting you can choose on which fields this plugin will be applied.
Field where this plugin is enabled (multi select): You can choose to which fields the plugin will be applied.
Field where this plugin is enabled:
- Structured-text fields
- String fields
- text fields
- Calculations to show (multi select): You can choose which calculations will be shown. As default all calculations will be shown. When no calculations are selected the plugin will only show word count on the applied fields.
Calculations to show:
- Number of characters
- Number of special characters
- Number of sentences
- Number of paragraphs
- Reading time
- Show common words
Include space (select): You can choose if spaces and enters are taken into account in the calculations shown in the plugin. The default
Show switch to toggle spaceswill show a switch to let the user choose themselves.
- Show switch to toggle spaces
- Always include spaces
- Never include spaces
MIT Licensed by De Voorhoede.