Cylon adaptor/driver for the Pebble smart watch
This module provides an adaptor and driver for the Pebble smart watch (http://getpebble.com/). It uses the Pebble 2.0 SDK, and requires the 2.0 iOS or Android app, and that the "Watchbot" app (https://github.com/hybridgroup/watchbot) has been installed on the Pebble watch.
Want to use Ruby on robots? Check out our sister project Artoo (http://artoo.io)
Want to use the Go programming language to power your robots? Check out our sister project Gobot (http://gobot.io).
$ npm install cylon-pebble
First, install the Pebble 2.0 iOS or Android app. (If you haven't already)
With that done, download WatchBot (our Pebble App) from the Pebble App Store.
Once you've got WatchBot installed, go to "My Pebble" on your smartphone's Pebble app. Once there, configure the following settings:
- robot name: leave this blank
- robot api host: IP of the computer running the Cylon API
- robot api port: port number for the Cylon API
- publish command: leave this blank
- message command: leave this blank
- accelerometer: leave this unchecked
- Before running the example, make sure configuration settings match with your program, in example, api host is your computer IP, robot name is 'pebble', and robot api port is 8080
This small program receives message queue events from a Pebble smart watch.
var Cylon = require'cylon';Cylonapihost: '0.0.0.0'port: '8080'ssl: false;Cylonrobotname: 'pebble'connections:pebble: adaptor: 'pebble'devices:pebble: driver: 'pebble'mypebblesend_notification"Hello Pebble!";mypebbleon'button'console.log"Button pushed: " + data;;mypebbleon'tap'console.log"Tap event detected";;start;
This software requires version 2.X of the Pebble watch firmware.
The main steps are:
- Install Pebble 2.0 iOS or Android app. (If you haven't already)
- Install watchbot by following these instructions
- After app is installed, click on "Settings" and configure robot name, robot api host, and robot api port
- Configuration settings must match with your program, in this example, api host would be your computer IP, robot name is 'pebble', and robot api port is 8080
- Event detection of 3 main pebble buttons
- Tap event
- Accelerometer support
- Sending text notification to pebble
We're busy adding documentation to our web site at http://cylonjs.com/ please check there as we continue to work on Cylon.js
- All patches must be provided under the Apache 2.0 License
- Please use the -s option in git to "sign off" that the commit is your work and you are providing it under the Apache 2.0 License
- Submit a Github Pull Request to the appropriate branch and ideally discuss the changes with us in IRC.
- We will look at the patch, test it out, and give you feedback.
- Avoid doing minor whitespace changes, renamings, etc. along with merged content. These will be done by the maintainers from time to time but they can complicate merges and should be done seperately.
- Take care to maintain the existing coding style.
- Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality & Lint and test your code using Grunt.
- All pull requests should be "fast forward"
- If there are commits after yours use “git rebase -i <new_head_branch>”
- If you have local changes you may need to use “git stash”
- For git help see progit which is an awesome (and free) book on git
Version 0.15.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.22.0
Version 0.14.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.21.0
Version 0.13.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.20.0
Version 0.12.1 - Correct issue with Adaptor startup
Version 0.12.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.19.0
Version 0.10.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.18.0
Version 0.9.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.16.0
Version 0.8.1 - Add peerDependencies to package.json
Version 0.8.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.15.0
Version 0.7.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.14.0, remove node-namespace.
Version 0.6.0 - Release for cylon 0.12.0
Version 0.4.0 - Release for cylon 0.10.0
Version 0.3.0 - Release for cylon 0.9.0
Version 0.2.0 - Release for cylon 0.8.0
Version 0.1.0 - Initial release
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 The Hybrid Group. Licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.