Cylon module for any HID joystick
This repository contains the adaptor for communicating with Joysticks and Controllers. It can be used with any [SDL][http://www.libsdl.org/]-compatible controller. Default bindings are provided for the Xbox 360, DualShock 3, and Logitech F310 controllers.
cylon-gamepad is made possible by the
Want to use Ruby on robots? Check out our sister project Artoo (http://artoo.io)
Want to use the Go programming language to power your robots? Check out our sister project Gobot (http://gobot.io).
Installing Cylon.js with Joystick support is pretty easy.
$ npm install cylon-joystick
- OS X does not provide native support for Xbox 360 controllers. As such, a third-party driver is required.
- If you're using a PS3 controller and want to communicate with it over USB, plug it in and then press the PlayStation button to make sure it's connected.
var Cylon = require'cylon';Cylonrobotconnections:joystick: adaptor: 'joystick'devices:controller: driver: 'dualshock-3'"square" "circle" "x" "triangle"forEachmycontrolleronbutton + ":press"console.log"Button " + button + " pressed.";;mycontrolleronbutton + ":release"console.log"Button " + button + " released.";;;mycontrolleron"left_x:move"console.log"Left Stick - X:" pos;;mycontrolleron"right_x:move"console.log"Right Stick - X:" pos;;mycontrolleron"left_y:move"console.log"Left Stick - Y:" pos;;mycontrolleron"right_y:move"console.log"Right Stick - Y:" pos;;;Cylonstart;
Plug your USB joystick or game controller into your USB port. If your device is supported by SDL, you are now ready.
cylon-joystick includes the
It's useful for figuring out what compatible gamepads you have connected, as well as making it easier to generate custom bindings JSON files.
For best use, install
$ npm install -g cylon-joystick
Then just run the command:
We're busy adding documentation to our web site at http://cylonjs.com/ please check there as we continue to work on Cylon.js
- All patches must be provided under the Apache 2.0 License
- Please use the -s option in git to "sign off" that the commit is your work and you are providing it under the Apache 2.0 License
- Submit a Github Pull Request to the appropriate branch and ideally discuss the changes with us in IRC.
- We will look at the patch, test it out, and give you feedback.
- Avoid doing minor whitespace changes, renamings, etc. along with merged content. These will be done by the maintainers from time to time but they can complicate merges and should be done seperately.
- Take care to maintain the existing coding style.
- Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality & Lint and test your code using Grunt.
- All pull requests should be "fast forward"
- If there are commits after yours use “git rebase -i <new_head_branch>”
- If you have local changes you may need to use “git stash”
- For git help see progit which is an awesome (and free) book on git
Version 0.14.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.22.0
Version 0.13.0 - Add
Version 0.12.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.21.0
Version 0.11.1 - Update gamepad module version to 1.0.2
Version 0.11.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.20.0
Version 0.10.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.19.0
Version 0.9.0 - Update SDL dependency
Version 0.8.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.18.0
Version 0.7.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.16.0
Version 0.6.1 - Add peerDependencies to package.json
Version 0.6.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.15.0
Version 0.5.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.14.0, remove node-namespace.
Version 0.4.0 - Update for Cylon.js 0.12.0
Version 0.2.0 - Update for Cylon.js 0.10.0, add support for Dualshock 3
Version 0.1.0 - Initial release
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 The Hybrid Group. Licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.