Cylon adaptor/driver for Force.com
This module provides an adaptor and driver for Force.com (http://force.com/). It uses the official JSforce module (https://github.com/jsforce/jsforce).
$ npm install cylon-force
var Cylon = require'cylon';Cylonrobotconnections:sfcon:adaptor: 'force'sfuser: processenvSF_USERNAMEsfpass: processenvSF_SECURITY_TOKENdevices:salesforce: driver: 'force'mesalesforcesubscribe'SpheroMsgOutbound'console.logdata;;var i = 0 ;every2secondsvar toSend = spheroName: 'globo' bucks: i++mesalesforcepush'/SpheroController/' toSend;;;Cylonstart;
To run the above example:
SF_USERNAME='yourusername' SF_SECURITY_TOKEN='yourpasswordandtoken' node examples/salesforce.js
To setup Salesforce connection, authentication, app/object creation and streaming follo the instructions in: https://github.com/hybridgroup/cylon-force/blob/master/salesforce-setup.md
If you are using a Salesforce developer account(or personal account), you only need to provide
sfpass (password + security_token to connect to the API as explain in Salesforce site) in the robot connection, as shown here:
connections:sfcon:adaptor: 'force'sfuser: processenvSF_USERNAMEsfpass: processenvSF_SECURITY_TOKEN
However if you are part of an organization, and having trouble querying/updating objects and streaming events,
you probably need to provide the organization credentials for authorization, this are the orgCreds/oauth2 credentials,
you can either pass
oauth2 parameter to the connection, as shown below and explain in the
var cylon = require'cylon';cylonrobotconnections:sfcon:adaptor: 'force'sfuser: processenvSF_USERNAMEsfpass: processenvSF_SECURITY_TOKEN// orgCreds and oauth2 are interchangeable here, you can use either.orgCreds:clientId: 'CLIENT_ID'clientSecret: 'CLIENT_SECRET'redirectUri: ''devices:salesforce: driver: 'force'mesalesforcesubscribe'SpheroMsgOutbound'console.log'arguments: ' arguments;cylonLogger.info'err received:' err;cylonLogger.info'data received:' data;;var counter = 0;every2secondsvar toSend = spheroName: 'globo' + counter bucks: counter ;mesalesforcepush'/SpheroController/' toSendcylonLogger.info'Sphero globo' + counter + ' has been sent to Salesforce.';;counter++;;;cylonstart;
If you provide all credentials and still have problems to create/query/update objects and stream info from salesforce please create an issue here: cylon-force issues.
We're busy adding documentation to our web site at http://cylonjs.com/ please check there as we continue to work on Cylon.js
- All patches must be provided under the Apache 2.0 License
- Please use the -s option in git to "sign off" that the commit is your work and you are providing it under the Apache 2.0 License
- Submit a Github Pull Request to the appropriate branch and ideally discuss the changes with us in IRC.
- We will look at the patch, test it out, and give you feedback.
- Avoid doing minor whitespace changes, renamings, etc. along with merged content. These will be done by the maintainers from time to time but they can complicate merges and should be done seperately.
- Take care to maintain the existing coding style.
- Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality & Lint and test your code using Grunt.
- All pull requests should be "fast forward"
- If there are commits after yours use “git rebase -i <new_head_branch>”
- If you have local changes you may need to use “git stash”
- For git help see progit which is an awesome (and free) book on git
Version 0.15.0 - Compatability with Cylon 0.22.0
Version 0.14.0 - Compatability with Cylon 0.21.0
Version 0.13.0 - Compatability with Cylon 0.20.0
Version 0.12.3 - Adds support for orgCreds/oauth2 login creds using JSForce.
Version 0.12.2 - Add get, post, query support for APEX REST API calls.
Version 0.12.1 - Updated adaptor to use standardized callbacks.
Version 0.12.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.19.0
Version 0.11.0 - Change to JSForce for Force.com client library
Version 0.10.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.18.0
Version 0.9.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.16.0
Version 0.8.1 - Add peerDependencies to package.json
Version 0.8.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.15.0
Version 0.7.0 - Compatibility with Cylon 0.14.0, remove node-namespace.
Version 0.6.0 - Release for cylon 0.12.0
Version 0.4.0 - Release for cylon 0.10.0
Version 0.3.0 - Release for cylon 0.9.0
Version 0.2.0 - Release for cylon 0.8.0
Version 0.1.0 - Initial release
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 The Hybrid Group. Licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.