Directus is a real-time API and App dashboard for managing SQL database content.
- Free & open-source. No artificial limitations, vendor lock-in, or hidden pricing.
- REST & GraphQL API. Instantly adds a blazingly fast Node.js API layer to your database.
- Manage pure SQL. Works with existing SQL databases, or helps build new architectures from scratch.
- Choose your database. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, OracleDB, MariaDB and MS-SQL.
- Allows self-hosting. Choose your hosting and infrastructure, run locally, or deeply integrate on-premises.
- Completely extensible. Built to white-label, it is easy to customize our modular platform.
- A modern dashboard. A Vue.js Admin App so safe and intuitive, non-technical users require no training.
Learn more about Directus on our website.
🚧 Release Candidate
This is pre-release software. While we're providing migrations between versions, changes may occur at any time, and certain features might be missing or broken. You can follow along with the issue tracker for an in-depth list of upcoming enhancements.
Create a new Directus project by running the following npm command:
npx create-directus-project my-project
Or, using yarn:
yarn create directus-project my-project
Simply follow the setup prompts and the CLI will create your new project directory (eg:
file, and initial database. To get the most out of Directus, and to ensure you have the latest security patches, it is
important to keep your projects up-to-date.
🚀 One-Click Deployments
If you would like to completely avoid the manual installation process, the following self-hosted one-click apps will handle the heavy-lifting for you. While Directus is always completely free, you will likely need to pay for these services.
Directus only requires Node.js and supports most operating systems and SQL database vendors.
- Node.js 12.20+
- npm 6.x+
- PostgreSQL 10+
- MySQL 5.7.8+ (8.* with mysql_native_password here)
- MariaDB 10.2+
- SQLite 3+
- MS-SQL X.X+
- OracleDB X.X+
- Ubuntu 18.04
- CentOS / RHEL 8
- macOS Catalina or newer
- Windows 10
- Docker (DockerHub + Dockerfile)
Other operating systems may also work, but are not officially supported.
🤔 Community Help
In addition to the Directus Documentation, you can also request help via the following channels:
- Discord (Live Discussions)
- GitHub Issues (Report Bugs)
- GitHub Discussions (Questions, Feature Requests)
- Twitter (Latest News)
- YouTube (Video Tutorials)
❤️ Contributing & Sponsoring
Please read our Contributing Guide before submitting Pull Requests.
All security vulnerabilities should be reported in accordance with our Security Policy.
Directus is a premium open-source (GPLv3) project, made possible with support from our passionate core team, talented contributors, and amazing GitHub Sponsors. Thank you all!
© 2004-2021, Monospace Inc