A simple light package that returns a country currency numeric symbol and also list all countries currency with zero dependency.
npm install currencies-symbol
//ES5const currenciesSymbol = require('currencies-symbol');// ES6import currenciesSymbol from 'currencies-symbol';console.log(currenciesSymbol.all());// This will return all curriencies symbolconsole.log(currenciesSymbol.symbol("United States")); //$// This will return '$' which is $.console.log(currenciesSymbol.symbol("USD")); //$// This will return '$' which is $.console.log(currenciesSymbol.symbol("Dollar")); //$// This will return '$' which is $.console.log(currenciesSymbol.symbol("Nigeria")); //₦// This will return '₦' which is ₦.console.log(currenciesSymbol.symbol("NGN")); //₦// This will return '₦' which is ₦.console.log(currenciesSymbol.symbol("Naira")); //₦// This will return '₦' which is ₦.console.log(currenciesSymbol.symbol("GHC")); //¢// This will return '¢' which is ¢console.log(currenciesSymbol.symbol("Ghana")); //¢// This will also return '¢' which is ¢console.log(currenciesSymbol.symbol("Cedis")); //¢// This will also return '¢' which is ¢./**** Note: the .symbol() function takes any of this arguments - Country Name, Currency Name and Currency Abbreviation and return the currency symbol.***/
- When you render the numeric symbol in html it will display the symbol i.e when you render '¢' it will display ¢.
|.all()||none||it returns all currencies symbol|
|.symbol(name)||name(Country Name or Currency Name or Currency Abbreviation)||it returns a symbol for a particular country or currency .|
- It lists all symbols for all curriencies in the world.
- it returns symbol for a particular country/currency.
- It is lightweight and has zero dependency.
- Fork this repositry to your account.
- Clone your repositry: git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:your-username/currencies-symbol.git
- Create your feature branch: git checkout -b feature/feature-id/<3-4 word feature description>
- Commit your changes: git commit -m "feature(scope): (subject) (body) (footer)"
- Push to the remote branch: git push origin new-feature
- Open a pull request.
- Commit Message Convention
scope should be something specific to the commit change e.g logo
subject text should:
- use present tense: "save" not "saved" or "saving"
- not capitalize first letter i.e no "Carry to safety"
- not end with a dot (.)
Message body (optional) If a body is to be written, it should:
- written in present tense.
- include reason for change and difference in the previous behaviour
Message Footer This should be used for referencing the issues using the following keywords: Start, Delivers, Fixes and Finishes. It should be written as:
- [Start #345]
This project is authored by Philips Blessing and is licensed for your use, modification and distribution under the MIT license.