Creek Theme Tools
This toolkit includes a file watcher, and a CLI for the Themes API.
This tool watches a theme's folder for changes, and updates the remote theme. If it detects a change, then it will take the right action with that file: updating templates, blocks, regular files, pages, or theme.json.
Using the Watcher
- Download the theme as a .zip file from the Creek themes editor, and unzip it. You can find the download button in the theme's settings editor.
- Note the ID of the theme that's also in the theme's settings editor (at the bottom of the left column).
- Make sure that you have Node.js installed on your system.
- Install the toolkit with NPM:
npm install -g creek-themes
- This will install the toolkit globally.
- Follow the instructions to install your API key and website domain in the theme settings at:
- You can get your API key here: Control Panel > Click your name in the top right corner > Profile > Look for API key (you may need to reset it before it works).
cdinto the unzipped folder of the theme that you downloaded.
- To start the watcher, run:
- Update templates.
- Update files.
- Update pages.
- Update theme.json.
- Update blocks.
You can use the Windows command prompt to run these same commands. It works the same way Mac, Windows, and Linux.
A quick way to get started is to shift + right click on your themes folder and select "Open in Command Prompt".