CLI for creating reusable React hooks using Rollup and create-react-app. Inspired by the amazing create-react-library
- Easy-to-use CLI
- Handles all modern JS features
- create-react-app for example usage and local dev
- Rollup for bundling
- Babel for transpiling
- Jest for testing
- Supports complicated peer-dependencies
- Optional support for TypeScript
- Sourcemap creation
This package requires
node >= 4, but we recommend
node >= 8.
npm install -g create-react-hook
Creating a New Hook
Answer some basic prompts about your module, and then the CLI will perform the following steps:
- copy over the template
- install dependencies via yarn or npm
- link packages together for local development
- initialize local git repo
Local development is broken into two parts (ideally using two tabs).
First, run rollup to watch your
src/ module and automatically recompile it into
dist/ whenever you make changes.
npm start # runs rollup with watch flag
The second part will be running the
example/ create-react-app that's linked to the local version of your module.
# (in another tab)cd examplenpm start # runs create-react-app dev server
Now, anytime you make a change to your library in
src/ or to the example app's
create-react-app will live-reload your local dev server so you can iterate on your component in real-time.
Publishing to NPM
es versions of your module to
dist/ and then publishes your module to
Make sure that any npm modules you want as peer dependencies are properly marked as
package.json. The rollup config will automatically recognize them as peers and not try to bundle them in your module.
Deploying to Github Pages
npm run deploy
This creates a production build of the example
create-react-app that showcases your library and then runs
gh-pages to deploy the resulting bundle.
Here are some example libraries that have been bootstrapped with
- use-suspense-today - Use React Suspense with any library
- use-typing-effect - React hook for "Human Typing" effect
- use-scroll-to-reveal - React hook for revealing content upon scroll
- use-interval - React hook for setting intervals properly
- react-indicative-hooks - Hooks for indicative validation library
- use-3d-effect - Hook for the 3D tilt card effect
- react-rxjs-hook - A useStore hook to be used in conjunction with react-rxjs
- use-pusher - Easy as hooks that integrate with the pusher-js library
- use-axios-hooks - Axios hook
- react-shortcuts-hook - Keyboards shortcuts
- use-auto-progress - Hook based on best practices for animated progress indicators
- use-marked-hook - Marked.js wrapper
- use-leet - turn your given text value into 1337 SP34K
- use-debounce-input - debounce inputs
- use-media-set - make components responsive to media query changes
- use-as-bind - hook for using as-bind with a WASM source
- ... and maybe more!
Want to add yours to the list? Submit a Pull Request!