couchdb-jwt-proxy is a JWT authentication proxy for Couchdb.
It uses CouchDB proxy authentication, extracting couchdb username from the JWT payload, and adding
x-auth-couchdb-token headers before forwarding the request to upstream CouchDB server.
For security reasons, it should be installed locally, close to couchDB server/cluster.
npm install couchdb-jwt-proxy --save
const http = ;const ProxyServer = ;const proxyOptions =jwt:secret: 'jwtSecret'username_claim: 'username'couchdb:url: ''secret: 'couchdbSecret'const proxy = ProxyServer;server = http;server;console
ProxyServer.createProxy supports the following options:
- jwt.secret: shared secret (HS256 Authentication)
- jwt.username_claim: identify which claim provides CouchDB username (Default:
sub) setting the header
- couchdb.url: url of the upstream CouchDB server
- couchdb.secret: CouchDB secret to encrypt the token setting the header
$ npm test
Contributing and Issues
- Search on Google/Github
- If you can't find anything, open an issue
- If you feel comfortable about fixing the issue, fork the repo
- Commit to your local branch (which must be different from
- Submit your Pull Request (be sure to include tests and update documentation)
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2010 - 2016 Charlie Robbins, Jarrett Cruger & the Contributors.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.