Connect SDK Cordova/PhoneGap Plugin
Connect SDK is an open source framework that unifies device discovery and connectivity by providing one set of methods that work across multiple television platforms and protocols.
For more information, visit our website.
These steps assume you have a basic working knowledge of development for Android, iOS and Cordova/PhoneGap. For these steps to work, you will need the following:
- Cordova/PhoneGap (5.0+)
- Xcode & Command Line Tools
- Android SDK
If you are only developing for one platform, feel free to ignore the steps & requirements for the irrelevant platform.
Installation for Cordova/PhoneGap 5.x
1. Create a new Cordova app (optional)
cordova create sample_app com.example.sample_app SampleApp cd sample_app cordova platform add ios cordova platform add android
2. Add plugin to app
cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-connectsdk-cc
Or for a specific version, such as 1.6.4
cordova plugin add email@example.com
You can also install a specific branch from Github (e.g. to install versions older than 1.6.0), such as sdk_1.3
cordova plugin add https://github.com/drobazko/Connect-SDK-Cordova-Plugin.git#sdk_1.3
Thats it! Dependencies will be downloaded and set up automatically.
Dependencies will not be downloaded automatically for versions older than 1.6.0. You'll need to check the README from that branch and follow any manual set up steps.
- Twitter @ConnectSDK
- Ask a question with the "tv" tag on Stack Overflow
- General Inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
- Developer Support email@example.com
- Partnerships firstname.lastname@example.org
- To update the plugin, you'll need to remove and re-add the plugin
cordova plugin remove cordova-plugin-connectsdk cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-connectsdk
- If you're using an older version of the ConnectSDK Cordova plugin than 1.6.0, we changed the plugin id for npm publishing. You'll need to remove the plugin using the old id, and add it with the new id.
cordova plugin remove com.connectsdk.cordovaplugin cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-connectsdk
Copyright (c) 2013-2015 LG Electronics.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.