Chrome Push Messaging Plugin
This plugin allows apps to receive push messages.
- Supported on iOS.
- Deprecated on Android (use
The API reference is here.
- chrome.pushMessaging.getChannelId returns an object containing a
channelIdis used for sending push messagings to instances of the app running on desktop; the
registrationIdis used for sending push messages to instances of the app running on Android; the deviceToken is used to send messages to instances of the app on iOS devices.
- On Android, chrome.identity must be modified so that
getChannelIdwill fail to obtain a
channelId(but will still obtain a
- On iOS the token is not application specific, but the messaging system requires a certificate that identifies the application.
- You must install an appropriate auth2 section in your
scopes. Push Messaging requires the scopes: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gcm_for_chrome and https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gcm_for_chrome.readonly
1.1.1 (April 30, 2015)
- Renamed plugin to pubilsh to NPM
1.1.0 (Mar 17, 2015)
- Refactor chrome.pushMessaging to work under CSP - Use message queue for native -> JS events
- Fix race conditions causing onLaunched not to fire