Bruneton's Improved Atmospheric Scattering for Unity
A physically-based atmospheric skybox shader for Unity. Based on work by Eric Bruneton and Scrawk.
This tool requires a graphics card that supports the following Unity features:
- Compute Shader
1. Generating the atmosphere
- Select "DSS/Atmosphere/Generate" from the menu bar.
- Set the precomputation parameters as desired.
- Press "Precompute".
- Choose paths to save the generated material and textures.
2. Using it as a skybox
- Select "Window > Lighting > Settings" from the menu bar.
- Locate the "Environment" heading in the lighting window.
- Drag generated material into the Skybox Material slot.
- Drag your scene's main directional light into the "Sun Source" slot.
A note on color space
- For best results, ensure that your projects color space is set to linear, rather than gamma.
- If you are using the tonemap post-processing effect, then be sure to disable the tonemap checkbox on the material.