Cockatrice is a static website manager that makes it really easy to create a website and manage it because it integrates the most modern tools in a seamless workflow.
Currently, the project is at an early alpha stage.
Cockatrice revolves around some principles:
- Even if you use a theme, you're likely to change some bits here and there, add some js and so on.
- You should not spend time figuring out how customize or extend a theme, the system should do it for you
- Ease of configuration for simple uses, retaining the ability of advanced setups for those who need it
- Allow to use whateve the user wants (coffescript, pug, webpack)
Install with npm
npm install -g cockatrice
Compile pug with content from frontmatter:
cockatrice compile pug template.pug output/folder -i path/to/frontmatter/folder
cockatrice compile scss main.scss output.css
cockatrice compile replace path replacement -i regex
Cockatrice supports pug, scss and markdown with frontmatter.
You can query for markdown content from pug.
- Use a configuration file
- Load defaults from config
- Add image compressor
- Add minifiers
- Add linters
- Add support for running bundlers
- Add js support
- Add theming support
- Improve output for actions and errors
Contributors are welcome :)
Open an issue if you encounter any problem