Private npm registry and web for Enterprise, base on MySQL and Simple Store Service
What is this?
Private npm registry and web for Enterprise, base on koa,
MySQL and Simple Store Service.
Our goal is to provide a low cost maintenance and easy to use solution for private npm.
What can you do with
- Build a private npm for your own enterprise. (alibaba is using
- Build a mirror NPM. (we use it to build a mirror in China: cnpmjs.org)
- Build a completely independent NPM registry to store whatever you like.
- Support "scoped" packages: npm/npm#5239
- Support CORS
- Simple to deploy: only need
mysql and a simple store system.
You can get the source code through
- Low cost and easy maintenance:
package.json info store in MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite or PostgreSQL databases,
tarball(tgz file) store in CDN or other store systems.
- Automatic synchronization: automatic synchronization from any registry specified, support two sync modes:
- Sync all modules from a specified registry, like npm registry.
- Only sync the modules that exists in your own registry.
- Manual synchronization: automatic synchronization may has little delay, but you can syn immediately by manually.
- Customized client: we provide a client cnpm
npm with more features(
sync command, gzip support).
And it easy to wrap for your own registry which build with
- Compatible with NPM client: you can use the origin NPM client with
only need to change the registry in config. Even include manual synchronization (through
- Version badge: base on shields.io
- Support http_proxy: if you're behind firewall, need to request through http proxy
PROTIP Be sure to read Migrating from 1.x to 2.x
as well as New features in 2.x.
Develop on your local machine
- node >= 4.3.1
- Databases: only required one type
- sqlite3 >= 3.0.2, we use
sqlite3 by default
- MySQL >= 0.5.0, include
mysql cli. I test on
Clone codes and run test
# clone from git
$ git clone https://github.com/cnpm/cnpmjs.org.git
# install dependencies
$ make install
$ make test
$ make test-cov
# update dependencies
$ make autod
# start server with development mode
$ make dev
How to contribute
- Clone the project
- Checkout a new branch
- Add new features or fix bugs in the new branch
- Make a pull request and we will review it ASAP
Tips: make sure your code is following the node-style-guide.
- (2016.2 - now)
- (2015.3 - 2016.3)