Charon1 is a programmatic Scss library designed to give control of CSS back to individual developers. Too many Sass libraries lock you in to a their developer's preferred design paradigm-they give you pregenerated CSS or only a limited set of mixins.
Charon intends to be the counterpoint library that grants flexible, descriptive tools to developers interested in a programmatic approach to their CSS. Some features include:
- Programmatic symmetric and asymmetric flexbox and floated column generation.
- CSS position shorthand mixins.
- Expressive CSS @media query shorthand syntax.
- Media breakpoint and color variable management and retrieval.
- Golden ratio typography generation-step font sizes and line heights in tune to the prefect ratio of 1.61.
- Unitless decimal => rem generation (because).
- 20+ utility mixins to prefix values and properties, to generate gradients, modals, counter increments and paragraph columns
npm install charon-sass
;.columns=>.flex-columns-even.flex-columns-even > div
Full documentation is a (substantial) work in progress. The code comment style is compatible with Sassdoc. Execute
npm run doc to generate HTML documentation for the project.
@functionunit test coverage with Mocha and True.
- Complete this README.md file.
- Identify and remove defunct code.