A Node.js Chromecast player library
A player based on the new (CASTV2) protocol used by Chromecast
Built as wrapper of the node-castv2-client library.
- for each device: name, IP, port, type (audio, video, audio group)
- periodically scans for new devices
- report updates in device such as new IP or port
- Media Player
- Automatically (re-) connects to device
- Return live and cached status
- Can start playing with an URL -> all required info is derived from it
- detect media type
- detect playlists (m3u, pls, etc)
- Can play announcements
- announcements are inserted in currently playing playlist
- announcements can be played with a different volume (check the announcement example)
- currently playing track is resumed at the same location it was before
- Can jump between the playlist
- Can update the playlist
##Examples Check the examples folder. The helloWorld.js should work out of the box. For the remaining testcases you will need to adjust the defines.js to point to your setup.
You can run all examples as testcases with
Check the main class.
- (Bjoern3003) set album name as song if provided in icy-name
- (Apollon77/aortmannm) Make compatible with Node.js 16+