/\_/\ __ /\_/ \/''\ \ _ ____/ || || . . . . . let Cameleer move 'them hoofs
Cameleer is an application that can schedule and execute any kind of job using various queue-types and schedulers.
npm install cameleer to install Cameleer. Please refrain from installing any version from npm with versions prior to 1.0.0.
What Cameleer can do for you
A few paradigms to get your thinking started:
- Do something using some schedule, in parallel or defined by a cost. Something can be any
Promise. A schedule can e.g. be a calendar, a timeout or interval or any scheduler that you provide.
- Backup-paradigm: Take something from somewhere and put it somewhere else. Actually, Cameleer is a spin-off from the backup-wrapper. It was started when I realized that the backup-wrapper can actually do any job, not just backups.
- IoT-paradigm: Control devices based on a schedule.
- Cameleer is meant to be run as a service, unlike other task-runners, such as Gulp or Grunt. But if you want, you may use it as a simple task runner.
- Create jobs from descriptions. Cameleer comes with a few built-in task-types. But feel free to provide your own. Have a look at the file
config.example.jsto get an idea of what is possible.