browserify v2 middleware for express
Basically just brings back the features that were originally in browserify v1
This is how you use it in an Express project.
var browserify_express = require'browserify-express';var bundle = browserify_expressentry: __dirname + '/app/js/entry.js'watch: __dirname + '/app/js/'mount: '/js/myapp.js'verbose: trueminify: truebundle_opts: debug: true // enable inline sourcemap on js fileswrite_file: __dirname + '/public/js/myapp.js'ignore: 'optional.js' // optional array of files to ignore;appusebundle;
In this example:
- watch for changes to files in the directory defined in
watch, this can also just watch a single file.
- make the bundle accessible at '/js/myapp.js'
- minify the bundle using uglify-js2
- print messages to the console to show re-bundling and times
- pass opts.debug to browserify.bundle
- pass recursive:false to node-watch (see all options for node-watch)
- write the file to disk at the specified path
This is supported by default however all your require()'s must include the .coffee extensions, it will not pick it up by default.