Write simple functions that describe how the game state changes when a particular move is made. This is automatically converted into a playable game complete with online multiplayer features, all without requiring you to write a single line of networking or storage code.
- State Management: Game state is managed seamlessly across clients, server and storage automatically.
- Multiplayer: Game state is kept in sync in realtime and across platforms.
- AI: Automatically generated bots that can play your game.
- Game Phases: with different game rules and turn orders per phase.
- Lobby: Player matchmaking and game creation.
- Prototyping: Interface to simulate moves even before you render the game.
- Extendable: Plugin system that allows creating new abstractions.
- View-layer Agnostic: Use the vanilla JS client or the bindings for React / React Native.
- Logs: Game logs with the ability to time travel (viewing the board at an earlier state).
npm install boardgame.io
Running examples in this repository
npm install npm start
The examples can be found in the examples folder.
Using VS Code?
This repository is ready to run in a dev container in VS Code. See the contributing guidelines for details.
We welcome contributions of all kinds! Please take a moment to review our Code of Conduct.
Let us know by creating an issue.
Pull requests even for small changes can be helpful. Each page in the docs can be edited by clicking the “Edit on GitHub” link at the top right.