State management and React libraries for turn based games.
The goal of this framework is to allow a game author to essentially translate the rules of a game to a series of simple functions that describe how the game state changes when a particular move is made, and the framework takes care of the rest. You will not need to write any networking or backend code.
- Seamless game state management across client and server.
- Strong emphasis on ease of prototyping.
- Debug UI to visualize state and simulate game moves even before you build UI components for your game.
- Online multiplayer with realtime updates.
- Optimistic updates: game state is updated immediately on the client, but verified on the server.
- Lobby to create/join games.
- Game logs with time-travel capability.
- More complex game types with ability to customize.
- React components for common game elements (cards, dice etc.).
npm install boardgame.io
This is not an official Google product.