blog with gist
#+BEGIN_SRC ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ||B |||L |||O |||G |||I |||S |||T || 2.0 |||||||||||||||||||||| |/|/|/|/|/|/|/|
** 3 mins setup (assuming you are familiar with github, heroku and travis)
*** 1st min: config your own blogist **** 1.1 fork [[https://github.com/blogist/blogist][blogist]] then clone to local #+BEGIN_SRC sh git clone https://github.com//blogist.git cd blogist #+END_SRC
**** 1.2 follow the first step [[https://pages.github.com][here.]] and copy your github page [repo url], copy the :exclamation: https one, not ssh
**** 1.3 config blogist #+BEGIN_SRC sh sh install.sh #+END_SRC
then you will get prompt about how to setup your blogist
you'll have to input the following:(* required)
- github_name*: your github username :exclamation:IMPORTANT
- homepage*: your blog url, with "https?:\"
- ghpage_repo: [repo url] you copy before [:exclamation:IMPORTANT: use https link, not ssh!]
- author_name: optional, by default your git config user.name
- blog_title: title of your blog
- description:description of your blog
- theme: choose your blog theme, by default flatly, or anythin you like from here http://bootswatch.com/
- branch: default master, or gh-pages if you like.
- disqus_name: disqus short name
- google_analytics: google analytics code
- about_gist: the gist hash of your about page
after you complete the config, a settings.json will be generated. if you want to change the settings later, just modify this file.
alternatively, you may copy my [[https://github.com/jcouyang/blogist/blob/master/config/settings.json][settings]].json file change things to yours, and put it in config/. then run
*** 2nd min: configure travis ci (if you don't need SEO because gist already does that for you, skip this, you'r DONE!) **** 2.1 Setup CI open https://travis-ci.org/profile and find your repo
toggle on :exclamation: [[https://www.evernote.com/shard/s23/sh/2e07a498-2644-4aae-b643-81edfaacba4c/ae26f6c429221033ae60d34f8d3618b4/deep/0/Travis-CI---Free-Hosted-Continuous-Integration-Platform-for-the-Open-Source-Community.png]]
then go grab a cup of coffee, you'll see the repo show up in travis when back.
**** 2.2 push to github page :exclamation: IMPORTANT #+BEGIN_SRC sh git add config/settings.json git commit -am "init config" git push origin master #+END_SRC
then wait for the ci pass.
**** 2.3 verify visit one article like http://oyanglul.us/#/gist/10696702/Learn%20julia%20in%20Y%20Minutes and remove the =#=, if it's not 404 page, congrat:sparkles: *** 3rd min: SEO
- go to the your repo's travis
- open inspector goto network tab
- click rebuild
- right click the rebuild url and select "Copy as Curl" [[https://www.evernote.com/shard/s23/sh/e39526d7-c8cc-42bc-a171-7155dc0dcfe3/f1bc7380292d94e00a941b61775566b3/deep/0/Screen-Shot-2014-04-01-at-12.45.15-PM.png]]
- open https://addons.heroku.com/marketplace/scheduler
- add this addon to any of your heroku app. then open https://scheduler.heroku.com/dashboard.
- click add job then paste the curl you just copied.
- set the frequency as often as you like to cache your blogist for seo.
*** run test #+BEGIN_SRC sh grunt mocha #+END_SRC
** Issues feel free posting issues here [[https://github.com/blogist/blogist/issues]]