This tool is meant for developers only -- it is meant to be used for testing and debugging Blockstack apps in ways that the Browser does not yet support. It is not safe to use this tool for day-to-day tasks, since many commands operate on unencrypted private keys. Everyone is encouraged to use the Blockstack Browser whenever possible.
- Node.js v8 or higher (v10 recommended).
nvmis recommended for MacOS & Linux users to avoid
sudoor permissions problems.
Install the CLI
$ npm install -g https://github.com/blockstack/cli-blockstack
This should install
blockstack-cli to your
If running into
EACCES permissions errors:
- See https://docs.npmjs.com/resolving-eacces-permissions-errors-when-installing-packages-globally.
Node Version Manager.
How to Use
The CLI has a built-in help system. Just run
blockstack-cli to access it.
You can list all command documentation with
blockstack-cli help all.
$ blockstack-cli gaia_listfiles --gaia_hub "https://hub.blockstack.org" --app_private_key 3fb610986b2f80af87508ed3b699c4146cb4589264e521402fae6c4f969ab09e /documents/1564791377194.json /documents/1564791386260.json /documents/1564791394787.json documentscollection.json key.json 5
How to Contribute
This tool is targeted towards Blockstack developers. Patches to fix bugs are welcome!
The following featuers are considered in-scope for this tool:
- Generating and broadcasting all supported types of Blockstack transactions
- Loading, storing, and listing data in Gaia hubs
- Generating owner, payment and application keys from a seed phrase
- Querying Blockstack Core nodes
- Implementing a minimum viable authentication flow
Everything else is out of scope. Specifically, the following will not be added to this tool:
- Anything that requires persistent disk state -- this includes software wallets, configuration files, and so on
- Anything that involves administrating other Blockstack services
- Features specific to a particular Blockstack app
- Any sort of plugin or extension system
How to Reach Other Blockstack Devs
The best place to discuss CLI and app development is on the Blockstack Forum.