What is this?
Specifically written to work with a BlendMicro from RedBearLab.
How do I install it?
- Install NodeJS on your computer
- Install the latest Arduino IDE, and follow these further instructions for adding BlendMicro support
- In the Arduino IDE, upload patched StandardFirmata v2.3 to your BlendMicro while connected via USB
- Pop open your terminal software of choice
mkdir fun-with-blendmicro && cd fun-with-blendmicro
npm install johnny-five
npm install blend-micro-io
How do I use it?
This IO is designed to be dropped into Johnny-Five to enable bluetooth LE connectivity with the BlendMicro.
var five = ;var blendMicroIO = ;var board =io:;board;
I am new to things!
- New to NodeJS? Check out these resources by @rockbot.
- New to Johnny-Five? Alrighty - check the repo for docs on how to start.
I am on OSX Yosemite ಠ_ಠ
My sympathies. Bluetooth is still a little dodgy for some people using this version of OSX. Hopefully things will be better with new updates from Apple as they come. So if you're having issues with this library, first try sanity checking on a non Yosemite computer if possible.
Thank you to Alex Potsides for the johnny-five IO template.