Backbone replacements and DOM adapters for running it within node.js
This project helps to run Backbone applications on node.js servers. It includes a few replacements of Backbone classes that are DOM dependent (history and view). After this Backbone is still jQuery dependent, but e.g. Cheerio can be used for server-side jQuery subset.
The project assumes Node.js on the server side. It is intended as a workaround for the robots (so that you would not need to write a separate server-side app for them).
The service is with Backbone 1.0, yet it might work for earlier or later revisions, too.
Installing the project itself is easy. Both build system dependencies and app dependencies are triggered by
> npm install
Try the example through the bundled RequireJS + Express version. Within the 'express/requirejs' directory, run
> bower install > npm install
It should be noted that you need to have bower installed to pull the client-side dependencies.
- Write better usage instructions & little bit on the context
- The server is fragile and likely multiple concurrent requests will cause a lot of headache.
- Use express-device for detecting robots to better understand on how to deal with different agents
- Anybody heard of writing tests for your app?
- 2013/03/25 - v0.1.0 - Initial release
Copyright (c) 2013 SC5 Online, licensed for users and contributors under MIT license. https://github.com/SC5/backbone-serverside/blob/master/LICENSE-MIT